Archive - Jan 11, 2007
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on January 11, 2007 - 17:08
Nick Percival started the first online comic subscription site (I haven't found anything earlier) Cool Beans (url was coolbeansworld.com but it's long since become a spam site) back in 2001 (2000?) but I can find almost nothing on how and when it went away.
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on January 11, 2007 - 11:49
- An interview with Liz Greenfield of Stuff Sucks - in Dutch! This babelfish translation to English is pretty rough but gives one a general idea of what's going on.
JUSTIFY MY HYPE
- Random Assembly: Samatha Allen has really improved her art chops since this webcomics started. She also knows how to frame a joke or a bit well. I'm not sure the fairly random, slice-of-life nature of this webcomic is the best vehicle for her but (especially from 2006 on) it's a good read.
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 BLOGS
- The Comics Reporter catches that the Child's Play charity cleared the 1 million dollar mark. Damn. Good for everyone who participated in this charity this year and for all of the kids who will benefit from it.
- Pete Abrams (creator of Sluggy Freelance) makes some New Year's Resolutions including getting the next Sluggy book done by the start of February. He'll also be hitting the ten year anniversary of Sluggy this year. Wow!
- Scott Kurtz acknowledges past efforts at getting PvP syndicated failed and talks about how he is going about it this year.