Hey I heard that NING was phasing out their free social networky hosting in favor of $$$-only options. I wonder how many webcomics used NING for something or other and are any of you willing to pay for it now?
DE AWARDS: The Netherlands-based Clickies Award ceremony took place this past weekend at a major comics convention: Stripdagen Haarlem 2010. There are three categories – each with four nominees:
- Cartoons: Bandirah; Lectrr; Seven’s Heaven; and Walhallie.
- Epics: Chasing the Sunset; Curtain Call; Lizzy; and Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan.
- Gags: Hogwashed; Louis de Leguaan; Michiel’s Cartoondiarre; and Ype & Willem.
As soon as I see news of the winners I will update this post.
INTERVIEWS: The Drawn Blog has a great interview with Graham Annable, creator of the wonderful Grickle comics.
REVIEWS: Friend of ComixTalk Derik Badman's 20 Out of 30 Days minicomic gets a review on TCJ.com.
HYPEY MCHYPEY: The Drawn Blog has a snapshot of the new Tigerbuttah book from Becky Dreistadt and Frank Gibson.
FROM THE MAILBAG
- Madhura wrote to tell us about a new webcomic Bandra Girl which is a series of simple one panel comics. Not really enough there to form an opinion, but I'm always happy to see someone new give comics a try.
- Debbie Harrison wrote to tell us about a new webcomic-to-be called The Adjusted. According to its website "The Adjusted is a science-fiction genre, Webcomic enhanced with a music score/soundtracks, produced specifically for the webcomic series. Trilogy Media’s focus and goal is to combine story, art, and a hip music soundtrack, in a multimedia presentation of the webcomic." Well I guess we'll see… when there's an actual webcomic to look at. Sorry to pick on someone but you're not going to get much bang for your buck hyping something that doesn't exist yet. At the very least wait until you have some kind of preview of the comic up to look at.