Submitted by bobweiner on November 13, 2008 - 21:34
The fine folks at VillainTech are giving away one shiny Limited Edition copy of Gears of War 2 and some cool schwag.
What’s the catch?
Nothing - you just have to answer a question - namely - what’s your favorite PC Weenies comic.
So what are you waiting for? Enter today!
Submitted by bobweiner on October 29, 2008 - 06:44
(Click to read in all Spanish-translated goodness.)
Hearing my call for translators a few blog posts back, reader Ernesto volunteered to tackle the Spanish translation for a PC Weenies cartoon. I’m curious to know if there is interest in having the PCW in other languages. Please give me some feedback. Would readers enjoy seeing a [...]
Submitted by bobweiner on October 21, 2008 - 17:04
Here’s the piece I worked on for viewers of the 10th annivesary celebration!
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on October 20, 2008 - 15:40
The winners of the first annual Webcomic Readers Choice Awards were announced this weekend. This award was organized by the website frumph.net. After voting at frumph.net, the webcomics in each category with the most votes were nominated. The winner of each award were determined by a panel of judges comprised of Philip M. Hofer, (frumph.net), J.T. Shea, (The Gigacast), Kurt Sasso (Two Guys Talkin' Webcomics), John Hernadez (The Rampage Network), and Steve Hamaker (contributor to several of the Flight anthologies and colorist for the Bone graphic novel series by Jeff Smith).
Winners listed after the break:
Submitted by NightgigTim on October 14, 2008 - 18:15
Drawn from sources trying to avoid work today…
- The Washington Post has an article called ‘Five Webcomics to Keep Your Eye On.’
- Xerexes has an interesting post following up on the ‘Most Read’ series of articles comparing the audiences for various webcomics.
- I can’t remember if I’ve posted Bloody and Brutal Reviews before, but here it is. The unvarnished and more than slightly profane (NSFW) Red Right Hand.
- Great Hera! It’s Wonder Woman Day III!
- Randall Munroe and Cory Doctrow talk work habits at 3PiCon.
- 24 Hour Comic Book Day in San Francisco.
- PC Weenies made PC Advisor Magazine’s ‘Top 10 Humorous Websites’ chosen by their readers. Congratulations Krishna!
- Just in case you didn’t know XKCD spurred a new feature from YouTube. Good work Randall!
- An interview with Gordon McAlpin, creator of Multiplex on ComixTalk.
- Heidi MacDonald of The Beat has a nice roundup of the further adventures in Wowio/Platinum.
Reported by Michael Moss.
Submitted by bobweiner on October 13, 2008 - 05:25
I found out yesterday that The PC Weenies made the PC Advisor magazine’s “Top 10 Humorous Websites”, as chosen by their readers. ‘Tis truly an honor!
Submitted by bobweiner on October 11, 2008 - 14:27
I’ve had my hands full with a brand new project over the last few days. The results of that work will go live in the next few weeks. I’m pretty excited about it, and can’t wait to share it with you.
This Tuesday, I’ll be interviewed by Javier Hernandez, of PlanetComicBookRadio fame.
We’ll talk about comics (natch!), the 10-Year anniversary of PC Weenies (which is on October 21st), and a bunch of other stuff.
Hope you can tune in!
Submitted by bobweiner on October 8, 2008 - 13:24
The PC Weenies have been fortunate to appear in Tau Beta Pi’s The BENT magazine for the last few years. Tau Beta Pi is the Engineering Honor Society, with members from all over the world. The magazine has a circulation of 90,000 - and it’s published quarterly.