Early Friday Morning News Wakey Wakey
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on February 16, 2007 - 00:09
- Kris Straub a la Andy Kaufman of the webcomics pulls a fast one on a trigger happy wikipedia posse. It's just a wonderfully twisted public prank that actually demonstrates this whole Wikipedia webcomic trainwreck we've watched over the last year or so (it really has been going on for that long). And it got lots of folks talking about it. (apparently a wikipedian caught wind of Kris' post and reinstated the Starslip Crisis entry.)
- T Campbell is going to be interviewing the grand poobah of Wikipedia, Jimmy Wales. Now might be a good time to suggest some questions to him.
- Gilead Pellaeon reviews the first episode of PvP: The Series. Pellaeon watched the full season of CAD: The Animated Series and draws some comparison between the two projects.
- An interview with Leia Weathington, creator of the popular Bold Riley series which runs on Girlamatic.
- Shaenon Garrity interviews Steve Emond, creator of the webcomic Steverino.
- Another Garrity-led interview, this one with Geoff Grogan who is the creator of the ongoing graphic novel, Nice Work.
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 BLOGS
- Over at FLEEN, Anne Thalheimer writes about screen versus print and talks about Teaching Baby Paranoia, still one of my favorite comics.
- FILTHY LIES creator Enigma was lined up to create a comic for Anna Nichol's website called Anna Nichol Stripped. Bad timing, eh? Check out the work that was already done here and check out the most recent Filthy Lies, kicking off the inevitable Anna Nichol Smith jokes.
- Chris and Bobby Crosby have some comic ideas they are looking for artists for: "...because Owen can only draw so many pages a day before exploding into a mass of tubes and wires, we're on the lookout for new artists. If you are a talented artist and would like to work with us, drop me an E-Mail with links to samples of your work. Thanks!"
- The community-driven webcomic Infinity on 30 Credits a Day is choosing a logo. I have no idea if the resulting comic will be any good but it's a fun project to watch unfold.