- Earlier today, I posted a request for help remembering some of the more doubtful deletions of webcomic entries from the Wikipedia. Here’s what that post was aimed at helping: Wikinews is working on a story about it. The story in progress can be found here.
- The Beat has a copy of a press release from DC’s webcomic host/contest site Zuda and it’s first lineup of webcomics. Someone in this lineup wins a prize.
- The Beat also notes that Bayou by Jeremy Love is the first Zuda instant winner. The strip has already been awarded a 1-year contract, and was a solicited submission. I’m sorry – everytime I read these prize/winner sentence about Zuda I start thinking it’s a McDonald’s contest or something…
COLLECTIVE ‘ECTIVE, WHAT’S YOUR… FECTIVE?
- Beat, beat, all Beat link lifting today: the webcomics collective The Chemistry Set adds Threads of Red Jack by Daniel Kibblesmith & K. Thor Jensen, and The Gloom by Tony Lee and Dan Boultwood; and the webcomic collective Act-i-vate adds Backstage by Molly Crabapple and John Leavitt, a comedy/murder mystery set in the burlesque halls of old New York.
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 BLOGS
- Webcomic Asylum writes about putting your webcomic on "top vote lists" and using the Project Wonderful advertising platform .
- Shaenon Garrity has a new column up at Comixology about Stumptown and the goshdarn Batman…
- The Beat writes about the best-selling Buffy Season 8 comic book series.
- And in not-comics stuff, Nerd World flags trailers for potentially cool upcoming movies…
- Kris Straub is having a Half Life 2 Haiku contest (deadline November 5th). I just finished Episode 2 which is good but I just wish they would get though more story in each game (or just release the games faster)…
JUSTIFY MY HYPE
- Hard Way Studios, the publisher of Morbid Myths, House at the Edge of Nowhere, and Shelter, has revamped its website.