The Webcomic Clause 3: The Totally Decent Clause
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on December 8, 2006 - 09:32
- Reinder has a good post on two recent webcomic-big-deals: ComicSpace and Project Wonderful. ComicSpace does the basics of social networking around comics right (you can put up a profile and links to other accounts as "friends") but it's longer-term future will likely depend on what new features it rolls out.
JUSTIFY MY HYPE
- At the most recent Washington Webtoonists meetup there was much discussion of the popular new science-nonfiction webcomic xkcd by Randall Munroe. Here's a good interview with Munroe at Redhat Magazine.
- Speaking of washington-based webtoonists, check out the new webcomic Erfworld: The Battle for Gobwin Knob, from Rob Balder and Jamie Noguchi. It's being published at The Giant In The Playground, which is Rich Burlew's (creator of The Order of the Stick) website.
- Webcomics In Print looks at The End webcomic.
- Derik reviews two recent anthologies of comics: An Anthology of Graphic Fiction, Cartoons, & True Stories edited by Ivan Brunetti; and Big Fat Little Lit edited by Francoise Mouly and Art Spiegelman.
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 BLOGS
- Tom Spurgeon comments on the growing interest in the "who will Liz Patterson end up with" in the last year of the long running comic For Better Or For Worse.
- Shaenon Garrity and Andrew
GarrityFarago have a story in the new Marvel Holiday Special with art by Ron Lim.
- The videogame website, Joystiq, debates whether or not to keep Penny Arcade in its weekly gamer webcomics poll.
- A documentary on Tin Tin is now available online.