News For Friday, January 5, 2007
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on January 5, 2007 - 12:28
- Lots of PW ad slots available for FREE at frightnight.org. These may be worth a bit more in February (more details on that next week).
- Interview with political cartoonist Ted Rall at Suicide Girls (webpage might be NSFW) (LINK via Journalista!)
- In addition to the product-placement Gieni-Crosby-penned Wicked Powered, Microsoft has a webcomic called The Enchanted Office up about its new Office product.
- Project Wonderful was down for a blip this morning but appears to be back up. There are a few new sizes of ads available to use thru PW now - 728x90 and 125x125.
JUSTIFY MY HYPE
- I just read Thunder & Lightning at ComicGenesis by Cassandra Matteis and Lara Whitaker. It's got a lot of pretty generic manga-flavored art set in a pretty generic fantasy-flavored world, but the twist in the first chapter involving the werewolf character changed my mind towards it: it's uneven, but I'm hopeful the creators stick with it. Check it out - it won't take long for you to read the whole archives.
- The Beat likes the new webcomic Inannaâ€™s Tears written by Rob Vollmar and illustrated by mpMann.
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 BLOGS
- Christopher Butcher throws out down some markers for separating real publishers from... well those folks who will fail I guess. Comic books do have a fairly low barrier to entry although I've never seen a serious article laying out the capital needs to at least make a realistic attempt at success (although I haven't looked hard for such an article yet - go go lazyweb!) (LINK via Journalista!)
- Comics Make No Sense does to comic books what The Comics Curmudgeon does to comic strips. Nuff said!
- The Ferrett asks if FBOFW's Liz is secretly the most attractive woman in Canada! (er or something similar)