News for the First Weekend of January 2007 (UPDATED)
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on January 5, 2007 - 22:33
I won't be online much this weekend so stay safe out there on the digital badlands...
- Boing Boing points out this small music label that only charges for songs after they get popular. I wonder if this could/should be applied to webcomics?
Most Read Project
- CBGXtra has a press release that The Dreamland Chronicles "surpassed the one-million reader mark" which sounds like it really should state one million cumulative page views (or possibly uniques but hopefully not the worthless "hits") since its debut in January 2006. Stating you have one million readers implies that you have a million folks checking out each update to a serialized strip and it's clear that TDC does not have that kind of readership.
- Sequential Tart has an interview with Barb Lien-Cooper, creator of Gun Street Girl.
- Boing Boing has a bunch of links about Doonesbury in its write up of the latest Doonesbury book Heckuva Job Bushie!
JUSTIFY MY HYPE
- All kinds of good new stuff starting at Serializer including Some Guy with a Website from political cartoonist and blogger August J. Pollack.
- Lunchbox, a new webcomic from Ovi Nedelcu.