News for Thursday, February 1, 2007
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on February 1, 2007 - 10:34
We made it to February! Huzzah! This month marks 4 years of Comixpedia.
The big topics of the week seem to be Wikipedia and WCCAs.
- Terrence Marks wrote about the most recent deletion-fest of webcomic entries at Wikipedia earlier this week. The Webcomicker jumps in with a post on "Why Wikipedia Is Failing" and Kris Straub finds a deletion thread at Wikipedia that kind of sums a lot of this tempest in a terrabit up..
- T Campbell posts several reactions to the WCCA nominations. FLEEN also makes some observations here.
- Act-I-Vate is having a party tonight to celebrate it's first year anniversary (click the link for details).
- The Crown Commission interviews K. Thor Jensen about his comic Red Eye, Black Eye.
- FLEEN interviews Alice Hunt, creator of Goodbye Chains.
- The latest Winterview is with Bryan Lee Oâ€™Malley and Hope Larson.
JUSTIFY MY HYPE
- The animated PVP series debuts tonight. Creators Scott Kurtz and Kris Straub are having a live podcast as well.
- Sean Howard is writing a serialized story in text adventure format.
- This month's FRAMED: NC is about Scott McCloud and his stop in NC on the never-ending Making Comics book tour..
- Steve Campbell and Larry Merrill have a sketchblog up to promote their forthcoming new webcomic, The Boids.
- An animated version of the latest VG Cats comic.
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 BLOGS
- Digital Strips writes up the recent Vericon webcomics panel.
- The LA Times has an article on the Center for Cartoon Studies in Vermont. (link from The Daily Cartoonist).
- Lea Hernandez writes about the smaller-sized Artists' Alley at this summer's San Diego Comicon.
- Chris Arrant picks his five favorite webcomics.
- Big Mouth Media finally notices OhNoRobot - "new search engine for webcomics".
- The Comics Reporter on "There's No Money in Comic Books... Or Less Then There Should Be".
- Jesse Hamm posts a lesson on "story telling".