The Crown Prince - At long last, strip #100
Submitted by JGBrin on February 4, 2007 - 21:34
The Crown Prince reaches its 100th strip on February 5, 2007.
Over the past year and a half, I have learned the following absolute truths about reaching such a milestone. I'm not sure which ones are real and which ones are myth. I hope you might be able to help me out.
- Making it to 100 strips is a monumental achievement and is worthy of note;
- Making it to 100 strips means absolutely nothing - let me know when you hit 1000;
- If and when you make it to 100 strips, you must tell absolutely everyone;
- Play it cool and hope people notice without you shouting it from the rooftops;
- Your hits will go through the roof (possibly the same roof as the rooftop mentioned immediately above);
- Your numbers will increase slightly and ephemerically (thank you mister thesaurus) when people read your post/blog/e-mail about your 100th strip, then go back down to numbers strikingly similar to what you had for strip #99;
- And one I just learned a few moments ago: there is even a special "tag" for "100th strip". I guess mine isn't so special after all.
I had planned to start a new story arc with strip #100 but I screwed up my timing and ended up with an extra strip so the arc will only start with strip #101.
I had planned to go to a more frequent update schedule with strip #100 but I don't think that will happen either. Still weekly!
In conclusion, everything is exactly the same except that the strip numbers now have three digits instead of two.