Welcome to the Webcomicdome!
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on March 20, 2007 - 10:40
Busy news week already - don't forget to check out all of the articles from March's Short Story Issue (and we added some articles to February's Webcomic Collectives Issue this month as well). Next month's issue will cover science fiction themes - if you are interested in writing for the magazine drop me an email (xerexes AT comixpedia DOT com).
- FLEEN interviews Jennie Breeden, creator of The Devil's Panties.
- T Campbell has posted audio interviews with 3 creators: Evil Inc creator Brad Guigar; Chris Hastings of Dr. McNinja; and Andrea L. Peterson of No Rest For the Wicked.
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 BLOGS
- It's great to see non-webcomics critics discovering Sinfest: Journalista! linked to one today and Comics Worth Reading recently declared Sinfest "My New Favorite Webcomic". If there's any webcomic that should be in the daily newpaper right now I'd nominate Sinfest. Sure, many of the strips in the archives would not work on the newspaper page but creator Tatsuya Ishida has shown the ability to work within PG limitations. If Ishida could get a deal like R. Stevens' has with Diesel Sweeties there's no question Sinfest could be a huge success in the newspapers.
- Comics212 catches Comic Book Resources columnist Rich Johnson using a piece of Jim Zubkavich artwork as part of a story on a supposedly in-the-works animated Shazam! series. Trouble is that Zubkavich's artwork is simply an illustration he posted on his LiveJournal recently.
- The Daily Cross Hatch has an interview with Bone creator and Captain Marvel artist/writer Jeff Smith.
- Is FLEEN insinuating that Michael Bay is plagiarizing Jon Rosenberg's Goats? I'm a fairly big fan of Goats but I don't think Rosenberg is going to be able to sue anyone for copying ideas like ancient prophecies, end-of-the-world scenarios or even multiple dimensions. But man I would totally pay to see a Rosenberg-scripted movie.