News for Friday, April 20, Early Edition (UPDATED)
Submitted by Erik Melander on April 20, 2007 - 10:09
- Tyler Martin has released a new version of ComicPress, a webcomics-friendly theme for WordPress. ComicPress 2.0 BE adds features like the ability to post comic and news posts separately, thumbnails of comics in the archive, support for multiple comic file formats and more.
- The Pulse interviews DJ Coffman about his Hero by Night available now in comic stores.
- T Campbell promises to do a 100 podcasts for Broken Frontier and posts a list of those folks he's going to try and interview.
- Pink Raygun wants your comics.
Pink Raygun is now accepting webcomic submissions. We are looking for six female created webcomics to run on a weekly basis.
What exactly is Pink Raygun? Apparently "[...] a webzine for the modern fangirl" accoring to their faq.
- As noted yesterday by DJ Coffman, the nominations for the Eisner awards is out. Besides the Best Digital Comics category's strong lineup, there are a couple of familiar names sprinkled throughout the categories. Brian Fies, whose Mom's Cancer won the very first Best Digital Comics Eisner Award is nominated this year as well in the categories "Best Reality-based Work" and "Best Graphic Album - Reprint". Gene Yang's American Born Chinese is nominated in the "Best Graphic Album - New" category and Lark Pien's coloring in "Best Coloring". Svetlana Chmakova's Dramacon and Hope Larson's Gray Horses are nominated in the "Special Recognition" category.
- Reinder Dijkhuis finds that his revenues from Project Wonderful have increased after a recent dip. He also catches the appearance of a PW ad for Ron Paul for President on Clan of the Cats. Obscure third-party candidates for President are technically a new source of advertising for PW, I guess...
(Xaviar Xerexes contributed to this story)