I Don't Like Mondays
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on October 15, 2007 - 09:17
- In a bit of a surprise (to me at least) Papercutter #6 edited by Alec Longstreth won Outstanding Debut in the Ignatz Awards (A surprise not because Longstreth's book didn't deserve to win but because very famous cartoonist Bill Griffith had a book nominated in this category: Zippy: Walk a Mile in My Mu-Mu). Chris Onstad won the Outstanding Online Comic for Achewood.Â The full list of awards are available here in simple text form, all on one page (please someone at the WCCAs use this format for releasing your list of winners next time).
- Joey Manley has a big post on questions and comments on tailoring stats for webcomic creators in the next generation of his hosting service WebcomicsNation. I still need to read it a bit more carefully but if you're interested in stats or WCN you should probably give it a look.
JUSTIFY MY HYPE
- Johanna Draper Carlson plugs Little White Mouse and flags that creator Paul Sizer is now posting it online with updates every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 BLOGS
- A NYTimes article compares the "suffering" of Charles M. Schulz to the great artists of history. A lot of this coverage is coming on the heels of the new biography Schulz and Peanuts by David Michaelis.Â (The family of Schulz seems to hate the biography but I saw Alan Gardener's link to a favorable review from Calvin & Hobbes creator Bill Watterson.)
- I'm sure everyone has already seen this from Homestar Runner, but I just never got around to posting it. Check out Strongbad's take on starting a webcomic... DON'T!
- Jon "Goats" Rosenberg's "Republicans For Voldemart" bumper sticker gets a mention in this NYTimes article.