How to Find the Best Feed to Import Your Outside Blog Posts Into ComixTalk
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on March 11, 2008 - 11:28
As I find out tips on how to add different types of feeds I'll add here - please add what you know in the comments below.
- WordPress Full Blog Feed: http://example.com/feed/ (or http://example.com/?feed=rss2)
- WordPress Categories: http://example.com/category/category-name/feed/
- WordPress Tag/Categories: http://example.wordpress.com/tag/tag-category-name/feed/
- Categories Not Using Permalinks: http://example.com/wp-rss2.php?cat=4 (category ID number)
LiveJournal (more details here)
- Full Feed: http://username.livejournal.com/data/atom
- Tag Feed: http://username.livejournal.com/data/atom?tag=tagname
- http://blog.myspace.com/blog/rss.cfm?friendID=(member number)
RSSpect: If you're blog software doesn't support RSS feeds check out Ryan North's RSSpect (http://www.rsspect.com) with which you can create an RSS feed.
Yahoo Pipes: A cool tool is Yahoo Pipes which can help filter feeds. Blogger for example doesn't appear to support anything other than a full feed. So if you want to have a feed for a particular author from a group blog you could run it through Yahoo Pipes. This page has a very simple explanation on how to this.