Leprecon 34 This Weekend! (Here’s My Schedule)
Submitted by Howard Tayler on May 8, 2008 - 08:55
Per my last shout, I’m in Arizona this weekend at Leprecon 34. If you’re in the neighborhood, come on by and get your geek on. These local SF/F conventions are my very favorite kinds of events for a reason — they’re FUN.
The complete convention schedule PDF can be found here. I’ve excerpted the Howard Tayler bits below:
- Fly to Phoenix. Drive to Casa Grande. Eat. See sights. Miss my regular Thursday RPG. THIS IS A HUGE SACRIFICE, PEOPLE.
- 4:30pm - GoH Dinner: meet in the Hotel Lobby for the Guest of Honor Dinner with Howard and the other GoHs.
- 8:30pm - Palo Verde Room: Sci-047 - “Will Space Colonies Be Like Hippy Communes or Military Bases?” (Howard Tayler, Emily and Ernie Hogan, Hugh S. Gregory, Wolf Forrest, Mike Wilmoth, G. David Nordley)
- ALSO at 8:30pm - Art Show Walkthrough with the Guests of Honor… I may start my leg of the tour an hour late, since this covers a two-hour block.
- 1:00pm - Mesquite Room: Lit 004 - “You Don’t Have To Be An Expert to Write About It, But You Do Have To Do Research” (Howard Tayler, Emily and Ernie Hogan, Adam Niswander)
- 2:30pm - Mesquite: Lep 003 - “Meet Howard Tayler” (My “Guest of Honor” Panel… here’s where you can ask me all those Schlock-specific questions and expect me not to deflect them for being off-topic.
- 4:00pm - Palo Verde: Lit 003 - “You’ve Made The World, Now You’ve Got To Write In It” (Howard Tayler, Hugh S. Gregory, Adam Niswander)
- 8:30pm - Boardroom: Lit 005 - “Web Publishing and The Free Content Business Model” (Howard Tayler, Emily and Ernie Hogan)
- 10:00pm - Palo Verde: Lit 006 - “Writing Believable Characters” (Howard Tayler)
- 2:30pm - Mesquite: Lit 007 - “Space Opera vs Military Fiction: Is There A Difference?” (Howard Tayler, Bennie Grezlik, Kit Townsend)
- Fly home, take a half-day off. Maybe paint some minis.
I won’t have the new T-shirts or mousepads with me. Those aren’t being printed until next week. Sorry!