NCWCCC August Meeting Minutes
Submitted by Jamie Robertson on August 27, 2008 - 19:39
First of all thanks to Otter for hosting the cookout and feeding the starving artists of the Clatch. Thank you VERY Much! Everything was great.
- In attendance were Otter, mckenzee, Ursula Vernon, Matt Wood, J Gray, Ben Carter, Mike Moon, Chelsea Black, and myself. Much food was eaten and much food was taken away by others. In other words we had waaay too much food, but that translated into a good time had by all.
- Not much business was discussed at this Clatch, however we did decide to go for a second NCWCCC Anthology. The first anthology was completed in early 2008 and presented several comics and stories from Clatch members working with a coffee theme. Though the second anthology is still in the idea stage, we did select a theme â€“ fortune cookies. Yes, the Second NCWCCC Anthology will be fortune cookies. Write that down, memorize it or whatever. I do believe, like the first anthology, it would be great to premiere it at What the The Hell?! Con. Thatâ€™s FIVE months away. That means, like last year, we have a lot of work to do in a very short time period. Zack Smith has graciously offered to edit the anthology this year, so heâ€™ll be cracking the whip in late December. ;) But first things first, who wants to participate? Like last year we would prefer even number of pages, somewhere between 2 to 6 pages per person, though that is only a suggestion. Donâ€™t be shy.
The deadline to participate in Anthology 2 is SEPTEMBER 15th. We also need to decide on a size, if we want to keep to Anthology 1 size, 8 1/5 x 8 1/5 or go with something else. The deadline for that decision is also SEPTEMBER 15th.
- The other big business of the day was that Ursula Vernon, mckenzee and I will be at the Burlington Carousel Festival in Burlington, NC. We are doing a compilation art piece to be auctioned off at the festival. The festival will be held at the Burlington City Park on September 21 and 22, so please stop by if you can. On that same day, Heroes Haven, which is sponsoring our booth, will be holding a small medieval fair. If anyone is willing to donate an afternoon for face painting, please contact me at email@example.com
- Heroes Haven will be putting on a Comic/Gaming Convention on October 17, 18 and 19. They are still looking for comic guests. If you know of any way to contact professional comic book artists or writers (Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse) please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finally, J Gray of 2nd Shift has invited everyone in the Clatch to a cookout for a â€œbirthday/baby coming/end of summerâ€ event. There'll be food and there'll be Rock Band. Everyone's invited. Jâ€™s address is 134 Evening Star Drive, Apex, NC and the events start at 11ish, having food around noon or 1ish and going until we're done.
Google Map Directions to Jâ€™s Place.