NCWCCC Anthology 2
Submitted by Jamie Robertson on September 1, 2008 - 18:02
During our last Clatch meeting, (thanks again to Otter for the spread), it was decided that we should do another NCWCCC anthology. Here are all the specs we have so far.
THEME: Fortune Cookies. Due to time factors this theme has already been chosen.
MEDIUM: Like Anthology 1, we will accept comics, art, photography, short stories, essays, poetry or a mix of all of the above. While we prefer new art, you may submit something you have already done, but it cannot be from the first NCWCCC anthology. It won’t fit the theme. ;)
Comics/art/photography – Please send black & white or grayscale art. (If you send color pics they will be turned to grayscale.) All art must be at least 300 dpi and in TIF format. JPGs will be accepted, but please note that quality may suffer as a result.
Stories/essays/poetry – If at all possible please send any written work in a WORD doc, but that is not mandatory. If you desire a specific font please send a True Type font w/ your work. Mac fonts cannot be accepted at this time.
FTP: I will provide an FTP site for you to upload your 2D work. Please upload your work in a folder w/ your name on it. Written work can be sent to me via email.
PAGE COUNT: You may submit two to six pages which may be a continuous story or a series of illustrations, or whatever. The six page limit is only a suggestion. You may do more if you like provided you get them to me by the deadline. Also, please try to keep your page count to an even number.
INTRODUCTION AND BLURBS: At the last Clatch it was suggested that T Campbell provide our Intro. Mckenzee also suggested that certain webcomic Notables provide blurbs and comments about the book or the Clatch itself which would then be included throughout the book. To do this, these Notables need to be in our deadline loop. Suggested for blurbs are such Notables and Eric Burns of Websnark and Gary Tyrrell of FLEEN. If you know of any Notables who would be good AND quick for a blurb, please let me know. (The fact that we may think someone is “notable” does not mean they have to have a Wikipedia page). ;)
COVER: The front and back cover will be in color. Currently both front and back covers are up for grabs, though the back cover should provide information on the book and the Clatch. Personally, I feel the cover should be done by someone within the Clatch, but if we do farm it out they must adhere to the same deadlines as everyone else. Both front and back covers should be 300 DPI and in TIF format.
DEADLINES: Like last year we would like to debut the book at What the Hell?! Con. WTHC is scheduled for February 6th – 8th, which is almost two weeks earlier than last year. That means, even though we are getting an earlier start on this thing we actually have a little less time to slap it together. Therefore I have already put together a timeline of deadline dates. They are as follows:
- September 15th – Deadline for participation, size and your page count. (Because of time constraints we are going to be a little stricter w/ deadlines, so if you don’t think you can make these deadlines, please do not sign up.)
- September 20th – Hard deadline for size and your page count (This means we need to be discussing the size NOW. It would be easier if we left it the same size as Anthology 1, but ultimately that is up to you.)
- October 6th – Deadline for Cover Concept. (This means we know who is doing the covers as well as the cover design.)
- November 24th – Hard Deadline for all work and biographies to be submitted. This includes front and back covers. (This means that your finished work MUST be uploaded to the FTP site before Tuesday, November 25th. Bios should be emailed separately and include your name and URLS.)
- December 1st – Hard Deadline for Intro and blurbs. (We should keep whoever gets this job in the deadline loop.)
- December 15th – Hard Deadline to give to Zack Smith for editing. (The book should be essentially complete including intro and blurbs.)
- January 1st – Hard Deadline to send finished PDF to Lulu for printing (The book is done, fini, completed, and ready to roll.)
Please Note: At this point in time I do plan to layout the book, however I have been having problems w/ my vision and I’m not sure why. There is a strong possibility that I will have to give layout duties to someone else. If there is someone w/ layout experience and most importantly the time to do it, please let me know.
And that’s it. If you have any questions let me know.