Webcomic Wire - 10/3/08
Submitted by NightgigTim on October 3, 2008 - 16:20
- The Daily Cartoonist played host to a spirited debate started by an analysis of the business model for webcomic creators described in the Halfpixel book ‘How To Make Webcomics’ by Ben Gordon. Fleen has more.
- io9.com has a sneak peak at the new Hulk webcomic.
- This Week in Webcomics is reporting that Goblins creator Thunt turns pro. Congratulations!
- ComixTalk posts about Comicbrush.com, a free web-based software for creating webcomics from the Clickwheel folks.
- ROK Comics announces the winner of their ROK and a Hard Place competition.
- The Webcomic Overlook is slowing down for a while to get married. Congratulations and come back soon!
- Zortic returns to webcomics. Welcome back!
- Xerexes of ComxTalk fame will be covering SPX on Sunday.
- 10 years sees the end of Cigarro & Cerveja.
- Orphan Works bill was quietly killed in the House.
- Li’l Nyet posts it’s 100th episode! Congratulations Bengo and Pug!
- Is your webcomic collective spread all over the universe? Hard to get together to plan stuff? Try DabbleBoard, a shared whiteboard for planning and strategy sessions.
- Lifehacker also posts that GIMP 2.6 has been released with some new goodness.
- Clone Wars webcomics are a go!