Webcomic Wire - 10/22/08
Submitted by NightgigTim on October 22, 2008 - 12:15
Drawn from sources that are subterranean and oddly tubular…
- The winners of the 2008 Webcomic Readers Choice Awards have been announced. Congratulations to all the winners!
- ComixTalk posts about Panel Flow, a Flash based alternative to Comicpress. DJ Coffman gives his opinion about using Flash for webcomics.
- An interesting post about Twitter on Comic Book Bin.
- Crackwalker has some thoughts on how to make it as a webcomic creator. ComicMix has more in their post ‘The Theory of Webcomics: The Daily Grind.’
- First real big challenge to Protect Act is the case of Iowa comic book and manga collector Christopher Handly who faces 20 years for possession of a few Hentai books.
- After ten years away, Tubularman is back.
- SonicWall thinks XKCD is internet porn.
- Wondermark! has suspended publishing at Modern Tales and now can only be seen on the newly redesigned Wondermark.com.
- A nice roundup of 24 Hour Comic Day from The Beat.
- Krishna reveals his top secret project. Congratulation on reaching Ten years!
- SkitZo MaN posts about proper file maintenance.