Hey cats and
Submitted by CalamityJon on August 7, 2009 - 11:00
Hey cats and kittens, I'm going to be participating in this shindig with the Friends of The Nib. It's last-minute and everything, but if you're in Seattle tonight and want to swing by, please do, it sounds like it'll be fun.
Here I am, quoting mr_sadhead on the matter:
Short notice, I know, but if you're in the area, won't you stop by?
Celebrate summer at the Olympic Sculpture Park with DJs spinning dance music, performances and activities at this special late-night event.
The night's activities include:
- A special collaborative sunset performance by poet Roberto Ascalon and musician Paul Rucker beside Alexander Calder's Eagle at 8:30 pm.
- A stage of internationally renowned recording artists curated by the Decibel Festival in the PACCAR Pavilion, including Rena Jones (Portland) at 9 pm, Filastine (Barcelona) and DJ Collage (Seattle) at 10 pm, and Lusine (Seattle) at 11 pm. The stage will also feature interactive projections from some of Seattleï¿½s most respected digital video artists.
- Tours of the park after dark with the Strangers: Jen Graves, Charles Mudede, David Schmader and Lindy West.
- A comics drawing rally in the Alvord Art Lab with the Friends of the Nib, including Bruce Bickford, Ellen Forney, Scott Faulkner, David Laskey, Bob Rini, Jim Woodring and others.
- DJ Freddy King of Pants mashing up mixes and DJ Colby b spinning her stellar set in the park beginning at 8 pm.
- Innovative street moves by the Breakdancing Ninja Clan on the PACCAR Pavilion's south terrace.
- "A Walking Tour of the Park" with Seattle-based artist trio PDL (Jason Puccinelli, Jed Dunkerley and Greg Lundgren).
SAM is proud to have Pacific Northwest Ballet Backstage Pass, Canoe Social Club, Central District Forum for Art & Ideas, Decibel Festival, EMP|SFM, Girl Power Hour, Great City, Langston Hughes African American Film Festival, Northwest African American Fine Arts Association, NW NOMAâ€”National Organization of Minority Architects, Out for Sustainability, Sustainable Belltown, Sustainable Seattle, and Three Dollar Bill Cinema as our August SAM Remix cohosts.
Tickets may be purchased at the Ticketing Desk at any of SAM's three sites or over the phone with a credit card by calling the Box Office at 206.654.3121. The first 100 guests at Remix the night of the event get in free at the door!
After Hours print sponsor: SeattleWeekly
SAM is a recipient of The Wallace Foundation Excellence Award, created to support exemplary arts organizations to pioneer effective practices to engage more people in high-value arts activities.