Webcomic Wire - 2/5/09
Submitted by NightgigTim on February 6, 2009 - 16:51
Drawn from sources that are still writing 2008 on their checksâ€¦
- The Independant has a good piece called â€˜How Cartoons Joined the 21st Century.â€™
- Sony Pictures Animation and Platinum Studios, Inc. team up to develop an animated feature.
- The Cartoon Art Museum in SF is having a benefit screening of Watchmen on March 5th. If you want to volunteer for thier wondercon party give a shout to Andrew (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Ka-Blam has started ComicsMonkey, a distribution network for print-on-demand comics to comic shops.
- Union of Heroes reaches 100 pages. Congratulations!
- An update on whatâ€™s going on with ComicSpace, LLC.
- A new Scott McCloud graphic novel in the works.
- An interestin post in defense of the webcomics business model.
- Da Blog has part one of a series called â€˜Webcomicsâ€™ Identity Crisis.
- Ars Technica talks about the Infinite Canvas.
- The Weekly Webcomic Spotlight is HotShot and Mighty Girl by Fred Van Lente.
- The Webcomic Overlook has a post questioning the value of negative reviews.
Reported by Michael Moss.