005 - Marketing Methods
Submitted by Part-Time Comics on August 17, 2009 - 10:00
Keith and Anthony chat about the ways they market their comics.
Our heroes discuss the various methods they have considered and used for advertising and sharing their comics. Some methods are more personal (such as conventions), others rely on automated distribution (e.g. stores available through one's website), and Keith has even dabbled with advertising on websites other than his own.
The following links, products, and services were mentioned during the podcast:
- Places to Go
- San Diego Comic-Con International in San Diego, California
- Comic-Related Events
- Social Network and Hosting Services
- deviantART free gallery hosting service
- Art Zone
- Comic Artist Forums
- Software for art
- Printing and Distribution Services
- Ka-Blam Digital Printing print-on-demand service specializing in comic books.
- ComiXpress print-on-demand service specializing in comic books.
- Diamond Distributors
- Advertising Services
- Merchandise and Fulfillment Services
Keith mentioned having once advertised through the following three sites.