Why make Webcomics?
Submitted by Thatguy on February 28, 2006 - 23:55
I'm doing a formal paper on Webcomics for a senior Folk Art course and I need some opinions, concepts, quotes, examples from YOU, the expert on the subject. So, if you're feeling helpful, I've got a few specific questions - or if you're VERY interested, you can eMail me at <email@example.com>.
1) Why make webcomics?
2) Do you feel connected to a webcomic community? (why/why not?)
3) Do webcomics reflect in some way upon this community?
4) In what ways do webcomics bring the community together?
5) What traditions do authors draw upon, and have webcomics developed any of their own, unique traditions?
6) Webcomics: "High" art or "Folk" art? Explain.
Feel free to add any tangents, examples, images, links, etc. THANKS!