An Experimental Webcomics Journal
Submitted by Phalanx on August 14, 2004 - 00:01
The idea of doing something like this has been rattling around in my head for quite some time, but it was really Dalton Wemble's recent column that bought it about.
A recommendation by an established comics creator towards a new strip is where I get 75% of the new comics I read.
- start off from my own website, The Jaded, and pick another webcomic which has been linked from either the main or links page.
- I will then go to that comic, read it, then review it.
- The review is then posted on this journal.
- I then pick another comic link from the links or main page of that comic, proceed to that one, and repeat the cycle.
- Every cycle of this completed process will be called a leg of the journey.
- If any of the comics I chose does not have a links page which contains comics I haven't reviewed yet, I will backtrack to the previous comic and pick a link from there.
- I might revisit a comic I reviewed earlier if it comes across my path again and if I'm requested to, but generally there should be a long interval between reviews. Long as in, a year or two.
- I will try my best to always pick comics that other review sites haven't reviewed before.
- I will not have a numerical score system for rating the comic. I will simply go by boolean values: whether I like it or not.