Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on November 9, 2006 - 11:40
It's been an exhausting week but all worth it! Let's get back to the webcomics!
NEWS & VIEWS
- Neil Cohn checks out what's available in "comics making" software and concludes: they all suck. (Never having used any of them myself I don't have an opinion to offer on them.)
- Don't forget! - Monkey Day is coming next month. Get those banana-infused webcomics ready!
- I may have linked to this before but Sequential Tart has three webcomic-related interviews this month: Gene Yang, Batton Lash, and Onezumi.
- Sequential Tart reviews three webcomics this month: Elf N' Troll, Gun Street Girl and Aegis.
- The Onion's AV Club reviews the year's best comics (link from Journalista!)
- 24 Hour Comics Day is putting out a book collecting work from this year's event.
- Sequential Tart does the Webcomics-In-Print thing and talks about its favorites webcomics on dead trees.
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 BLOGS
- Wax Intellectual catches that 's adventure comic, Jonny Crossbones, has put up its archives for a month at a time. WI calls it "a great story with fabulous artwork in the style of Herge..."
- FLEEN beats the bandwagon for R. Stevens' Diesel Sweeties effort to invade a newspaper comics page near you.
- The Onion's AV Club has a two parter series on serialization in comic books - could be informative to webcomics as well. Here's part one and part two (link from JOURNALISTA!)
- You Damn Kids' Owen Dunne has a podcast called Radio Broadcast Company which recreates an old-timey radio show but with a modern sensibility.
- It's like a commercial for webcomics toys. Goats creator Jon Rosenberg links to fan comic Diablo and the Necronomicon.
- Shocking new photos of the Englishman, John Allison!