Recruiting Administrators (Policy for Promoting Accounts to Administrator)
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on February 14, 2007 - 17:30
Comixpedia (dot org) is going to need more administrators to shepherd it along if it's going to succeed long-term. We had a debate over a year ago on how to pick administrators at this URL.
Since that time period I've insisted on pursuing discussion and debate on "meta" issues about the Comixpedia (dot org) site here at the official forums for the project. Of the ideas/policies debated before I think with some slight modification they are in effect and if you're interested in being more involved let me know. We really need a lot more active administrators to make Comixpedia.org work.
- 1. Editors can request administrator status. This is done by emailing (any) administrator or leaving a message on their talk pages. An administrator must then "sponsor" the editor.
- 2. Administrator posts a thread in
the community portalthis forum announcing the candidacy of an editor (include all relevant information in the post here) and links to it in a manner where community members see it. The community debates about whether he/she should be administrator. As a rule when you make a post calculate a date two weeks out as a tentative date to end discussion.
- 3. A vote is taken. 80% vote for the request to be fullfilled. I'm not sure this will be necessary - as a general rule let's start with discussion. Primarily we're looking to vet people - good comments, objections if there is a reason based on past behavior not to make someone an administrator. If it is contentious, we can call for a vote. If not we can elevate candidates to administrator on the proposed date to end discussion in the initial post. Right now I'm the only one able to grant administrator status so please bug me if I don't show up for these discussions and/or don't grant administrator status as decided.
General Guidelines (for candidates for Administrator)
- Ability to keep one's cool - no history of flamewars
- Made lots of edits
- Made valuable contributions
The requirement and process for bureaucrats are the same as administrators except that they have to be administrators to become bureaucrats. For an administrator to be upgraded to a bureaucrat, 90% support is needed We're a long way off from adding bureaucrats - first we need a corp. of active administrators who care about making the project a success and want to be actively involved.