Thank You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on November 21, 2007 - 00:22
Frontpage posting will be light (as in almost nonexistent) this week so keep your eyes peeled for interesting updates in the reader blogs and the forums. It's up to... you!
- Von Allan has decided to publish his graphic novel, the road to god knows on Girlamatic.com. The press release states it will start on December 3rd, running four time a week. Girlamatic closed its most recent round of submissions in early November - I wonder if we'll see an announcement of more additions to the site in the near future.
- Time to get ready for the annual Monkey Day webcomics festival! Check out the details here.
JUSTIFY MY HYPE
- Tom Spurgeon reviews Set to Sea by Drew Weing. This is a great comic and one I actually look forward to buying in print someday.
- Gunbaby was in the BSC Webcomic Idol contest but didn't last long enough. It's a good comic that seems very promising even as it is less then perfect. Wonderful art (reminds me a bit of Alpha Shade) but sometimes static shots kill the momentum. Interesting story ideas but sudden uncued scene and perspective jumps could be handled a bit better. Creators Matt and Gabe White have talent though - you get the sense that they could get a lot better. I'd definitely give the archives a read.
- Kate Beaton is funny!
- T Campbell takes a second swing at compiling webcomic audience numbers from Alexa and Compete.
DEAD TREES... For me!