Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on October 31, 2006 - 23:48
- Concerned has wrapped up. This really is a hilarious parody of the video game Half-Life 2. Much like Tom Stoppard's famous play Rosencranz and Guildenstern Are Dead zeroes in on minor characters from Hamlet, Concerned follows the adventures of a new, seemingly minor character, Gordon Frohman, who weaves through the plot of Half Life 2 without disturbing the official narrative of the game. Creator Christopher Livingston put in a year and a half into this project and within what he set out to do, I'd say he succeeded fantastically.
- Creator Neil Gaiman has some advice for creators on how to handle their work in their wills.
- Webcomics In Print has an interview with Ali Graham, creator of Housd.
- UGO has an interview with Dan Goldman, member of the collective, Act-I-Vate.
- Flight has a round-up of Portland, OR's Stumptown Comics Fest reports and photos.
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 BLOGS
- Wax Intellectual delves into the funny-ha-ha old school webcomic Absurd Notions.
- Anyone want to work for DC Comics, possibly handling some of their online efforts? Don't forget us at Comixpedia when you make it to the Show.
- Former Comixpedia contributor T Campbell has a new site called One Simple Ad which is really just that simple. Read more about it and why T started it here.
- Websnark and Scrubbo take Wikipedia to task for more dumb decisions regarding which webcomics make the cut for inclusion in the Wikipedia.
- The Comics Reporter links to a story about a Harvard University student cartoonist who was fired from the paper for plagerism. This looks like a pretty clear cut case of copying. It's not always that clear though - see this recent post from Tom Tomorrow about similarities between one of his comics and a recent Fox Trot.