Submitted by dave_roman on September 26, 2008 - 12:37
I've been thinking a lot about the blowback from DC cancelling its Minx line.
Submitted by fesworks on September 19, 2008 - 14:27
Submitted by fesworks on August 25, 2008 - 11:07
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on August 15, 2008 - 07:25
As Scott Kurtz debuted a new site design for PvP, I wrote asking whether webcomic websites be an artistic extension of the comic, essentially extending the look and feel of the comic, or is that not that important?
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on July 30, 2008 - 16:32
Webcomicsnation.com tracks the most popular comics hosted on its service:
- Templar, Arizona by Spike
- Narbonic By Shaenon K. Garrity
- The Non-Adventures of Wonderella by Justin Pierce
- Narbonic: Director's Cut By Shaenon K. Garrity
- The Bare Pit by Noodtoonist
- Carpe Diem by Graveyard Greg
- Bellen! by box brown
- Surviving Mars By Brian Daniel
- Paradigm Shift By Dirk I. Tiede
- Year One By M.Parkinson
- Venus in Points Alice Hunt
- Neil Lisst
- Supernatural Law by Batton Lash
- Maxwell the Demon by Tonia Walden
- Family Man by Dylan Meconis
- Elvenbaath Written and Illustrated by Dotty
- Nothing Better by tyler page
- Freak U. By A. Prosser
- Naoko Muragama: Video Game Champion By Shaun Henderson
- Breakfast of the Gods Book One: The Last Good Morning By Brendan Douglas Jones
- DAR: A Super Girly Top Secret Comic Diary By Erika Moen
- The Front By Jerzy Drozd
- REVVVelations Written and colored by Stan Yan, Illustrated by Jolyon Yates
- Smithson Written by Shaenon Garrity, Art by Robert Stevenson, Brian Moore, and Roger Langridge
- Pint of Ink Illustrated Amusements by Dee Hews
Submitted by fesworks on June 26, 2008 - 20:14
Episode 30 - Adult Webcomics with Josh Lesnick: Since noone else will admit to it, why not dedicate a whole show to it? Josh Lesnick joins Fes, Tanya and Aaron as we discuss quality adult webcomics! Remember that most of the webcomics we talk about on this show are for people 18 years or older.
Milestones reported this week: Cooties turns 2 years! (We missed a few. We’ll get those next week!)
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on May 29, 2008 - 09:32
Lea Hernandez (and lots others) has been commenting on how bad the new contract from TokyoPop for their superstars of manga contest is. Does every freaking comics publisher now hold "contests"?
JUSTIFY MY HYPE
Hey! New Boxjam's Doodle!
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on May 14, 2008 - 10:04
The best of the rest I found today:
Chris "Awesome" Arrant interviews Rich "Rocket Man" Stevens (creator of Diesel Sweeties).
The "SCIENCE!" Scienteers interview Josh "JAM ON IT" Lesnick (creator of Girly).
Tom "Sputnik" Spurgeon reviews the all-ages Flight Explorer, edited by Kazu "King Kong" Kibuishi.
Susie C. links to 8 great comics by college students or college graduates (wait... that's really not narrowing it down, is it?)
And this is pretty funny - today's Fanboys features the cast of Seinfeld playing D&D.
When ComixTalk head honcho Xaviar Xerexes (a.k.a "Tha Tru Triple X") mentioned that he wanted to see articles on the Eisner Award nominees, I slobbered at the chance to review one particular title, SugarShock! Why, you ask? It's because this little series is written by a somewhat popular guy by the name of Joss H. Whedon.
Submitted by fesworks on April 5, 2008 - 15:31
Fes, Tanya, and Aaron are in the studio, talking about Guest Strips, Fan Art, and the etiquette that should be practiced around them. We are down all of the rest of our regular contributers this week, we hope to correct that soon! Some changes are slated for the near future, out of necessity.