Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on April 24, 2010 - 13:33
WE INTERRUPT THIS BLOG POST TO REMIND YOU THAT THERE ARE ONLY 6 DAYS TO GO IN PATRICK FARLEY's KICKSTARTER DRIVE TO BRING BACK ELECTRIC SHEEP. As of Sunday night yesterday there were 354 backers putting up $5,371 in pledges -- less than $650 to go to make the magic number.
AWARDS: The Comics Reporter reports that Aaron Colter's webcomic Wondermark won Outstanding Webcomic at the Stumptown Comics Convention awards. Only thing is I'm pretty sure Aaron Colter is the marketing coordinator for Dark Horse and Wondermark is from a fellow named David Malki!.
BUSINESS: Webcomics.com inked a discount deal with a printer for its subscribers. Is that ironic? Well either way that sounds like a good deal and a nice benefit to subscribing to webcomics.com.
A GOOD USE OF SOME DEAD TREES: Not brand new news, but damn exciting - Hope Larson has been signed to do a graphic novel adaptation of Madeline L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time. I love(d) that book -- it blew my grade school mind away.
NEVER MIND THE %@#*, HERE'S THE HYPE
- New Octopus Pie up... a little more bittersweet than usual and a spot-on Chuck E. Cheese homage.
- Shaenon Garrity drew chibi versions of her mad scientist characters. Mwhahahahaha!
- The Beat reports that Jon Lewis’s cult comic True Swamp is back as a webcomic.
- Haven't linked to Nathan Sorry in awhile. 9/11 is the starting date for this twisty mystery which is a good read -- just hope Rich Barrett keeps at it until it's finished.
- Sea Monster by Nathan Castle is a trip. I still kind of have to wrap my brain around it to say something intelligent about it. Definitely recommend you checking it out though.