- The judges for next year’s Eisner awards have been named. They are Bookazine Company pop-culture category director John Davis; comics and prose writer Paul Di Filippo; California retailer Atom! Freeman; Entertainment Weekly writer Jeff Jensen; and California librarian Eva Volin. (h/t Journalista!)
- Does anyone know when Warren Ellis’ upcoming Freak Angels is going to debut? UPDATE: Wow – that was almost psychic – Warren Ellis in a post to his email list this morning said the webcomic would launch in February 2008.
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 BLOGS
- The Comics Reporter reviews a recent Cul-De-Sac comic. This new/old strip by Washington Post illustrator Richard Thompson is quite good. Thompson brings to the comic years of experience creating comics for the Washington Post Sunday magazine. (You can read it online here.)
- Journalista! points to a review of the new Marvel DCU comics service in the LA Times.
- There is one of those "let’s pretend we’re not telling anyone about our million dollar web campaign" kind of marketing campaign going on for the next Batman movie.
- Ryan Estrada has a story running on the Penny and Aggie webcomic site.