August is going to be even lighter than usual, posting-wise. Here's some of the news this week:
- Comic Alliance interviews Mike Norton of the webcomic Battle Pug – among other comics projects. Visually – the battle pug is just hilarious every time I see it.
- Part two of a two part interview with KATE BEATON up at Newsarama.
- A lot of well-deserved hype this week for Maritza Campos' new project – Power Nap. An interesting premise – it's about a world where a drug has removed the need for sleep from humans, but unfortunately for our protagonist, he's allergic to the drug. Art is by Bachan who has a great style that complements Campos' outlandish, and often frentic style of story.
- The comic-in-progress The Chairs Hiatus by Matthew Bogart is really good!
HIATUS AND GOODBYE: Otis Frampton posted that he will return to updating Escape From Nowhere in September. I wouldn't normally post about something that far out, but Otis' webcomic showed a lot of promise as a fun action adventure story.
BUSINESS TIME: Great article on the webcomics entrepreneurs in the Boston newspaper.
OPINIONATIN': Reuben Bolling nails another one — TOM THE DANCING BUG: Great Moments in American Political Negotiation and Compromise.
COVER BAND: Definitely looking forward to Calamity Jon's DC Fifty-TOO! project. Jon's a great dude and has organized impressive group blog efforts before (check out CORNERED for one)
- This week marked 8 years of Jeph Jacques' Questionable Content webcomic. Congrats!
- We're just about to the end of Warren Ellis' FreakAngels. What do you think?