What I'd miss? Here's a few things from the last couple weeks and the Comix Talk mailbag worth checking out
- Mark Mekkes writes that he's moved his comics, including Zortic, off of Keenspot and set up a new hub for his work.
- Gordon McAlpin's Multiplex hit 500 comics recently and you can now place pre-orders for the Book 1 print collection.
- Ted Rall is keeping a comic journal of his trip through Afghanistan (fellow traveler Matt Bors is too). The Comic Riffs blog has an article on the preparations and motivations for their trip.
- Did anyone else catch the Femiste blog's call to make the end of the comic strip Cathy a day of celebration?
- You can help decide which comic wins this year's SCIENCE IDOL contest. Webcomic creator Katherine Sekelsky (aka Reva Sharp) has an entry.
- Nina Paley has new webcomic, Mimi And Eunice. Recently Paley is pretty well known for her animated feature film Sita Sings the Blues, but she's also got several earlier comics projects under her belt including Nina's Adventures, Fluff and The Hots. Cute stuff – worth checking out. Paley is also sticking with a copyleft license for this work – more details on the About page.
- Nicholas Brendan (who played Xander Harris in Buffy the Vampire Slayer) along with illustrator Rafael Santiago, is launching a webcomic, Very Bad Koalas. It follows the adventures of Avery and Irving, two koalas on the run from the authorities in their 1958 Cadillac El Dorado and "their struggle with addiction." Finally a comic addressing the eucalyptus crisis in the koala community! Lauren Davis notes that Brendan is the second Buffy alum to write a webcomic; Emma Caulfield, Brendan's on-screen girlfriend, is the wordsmith behind Contropussy.
INTERVIEW: Battlemouth interviewed Max Huffman of Mocktopus.
- Andeh Pinkard writes that The Goddamn Panty Brigade is a webcomic about a group of punk girls who are pulled into the amazingly mystical world of aspiring pop idols.
- David Cooper writes that his webcomic Perpendicular Universe has reached its 200th comic. The comedy webcomic is about the adventures of Steve, Eric and Grizzly.