Stuart Robertson has released his Comic Gallery Script to the public under a Creative Commons/GPL license. I’m not 100% positive, but I believe the PV Comics site runs on a version of this script.
* Start with the first or last image in the directory
* Display navigation above or below images
* Back and Next links
* Back and Next arrows
* Direct links to each image
* Configurable number of links per line
* Customizable dividers between links
* Display the copyright owner
* Display a link to your Creative Commons License
There’s also a forum thread discussing a number of scripts at Blank Label Comics.
This script is an improved version of the one that PV Comics uses. Since leaving the group in January, I’ve made a number of improvements to the code. A tutorial on using the Comic Gallery Script includes an example PHP webpage, CSS file, supporting images for the CSS, and a directory with 10 sample comic images. An update with “First and Last” links, and a tutorial on using image buttons should be available at http://designmeme.blogspot.com sometime soon.
since this is a thread for free archive scripts, I’ll include mine: smarchive!
available from my own archives (click the link at the bottom).
it functions slightly differently;
* scans your comics directory on-demand when a user is in your archives
* automatically creates all the back, next, etc. links
ComicGallery 1.1 includes navigation links for going to the first or last image in the gallery, as well as enhanced XHTML output to allow you to replace the text navigation with custom images.
Aren’t you using Keen’s autokeen? Why write a script?
Comments are closed.