NEWS & VIEWS
- Journalista! is reporting on the new website Pullbox Online which sells downloadable comics in DRM-free CBR and PDF formats. This is now a certifiable business trend as Pullbox joins previous entrants Wowio, Slave Labor, eDiesel, DriveThru, and 01 Comics (although 01 may not be pursuing this approach anymore). In the past creators have also experimented with bitpass to sell comics (Scott McCloud sold his The Right Number comics this way). There's an interview with Pullbox at Newsarama and commentary on the hype from blogger Johanna Draper Carlson.
- The other big news is the launch of Comicspace.com. We're already talking about the pluses and minuses of the first social network for webcomics in this thread.
- The webcomic Super Frat has a new comic book out, published by Silent Devil (which also does The Devil's Panties book).
- Be sure to check out our not-really-a-top-ten-list of webcomics in print for 2006.
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 BLOGS
- FLEEN writes about a guy's project to do different new things, each one for a month. This month he's posting a webcomic.
- Reinder likes Yet Another Fantasy Gamer Comic.