- Scott Adams discovers he can collect some scratch from selling original art from his Dilbert comic. My impression is that sales of art in the "comic book" world is pretty common now and it's also something many web-based creators have pursued. I don't know if this is common or not with newspaper artists. (Click here to check out Adam's site for selling his original art) Also interesting here is that Adams only has a limited set of art to sell – his early work used an ink that has already faded and more recently, he does all of it on the computer.
- Fleen has a brief preview (embedded in a post about wikipedia antics) about webcomics appearing at this summer's San Diego Comicon. This year's unofficial webcomic pavilion looks to be at the section of floor bounded by booths 1129, 1137, 1329, and 1337 where Dayfree, Penny Arcade, Blank Label, Keenspot, Dumbrella and Phil Foglio will be located.
- Webcomics In Print covers the second print collection of Stuff Sucks by Liz Greenfield.
- No book for 24 Hour Comics Day. (There was a book for 2006's 24 Hour Comics Day.)
- Missed this, but Joey Manley noted that you can now podcast PDFâ€™s to iTunes (
and from there to iPodsTim Demeter says you can get PDFs on iTunes but not on your iPod.).
If youâ€™re part of the [people who care about these awards], then in doing so, whether you like it or not, youâ€™re subscribing to the reality of these awards; that the majority rules them, and if you want to win, you better get off your ass and do some promotional work. Just because your comic is better than one of the nominees doesnâ€™t mean the world is going to flock to your self-perceived greatness and if youâ€™re the only one who thinks youâ€™re great, then youâ€™re not great, youâ€™re a bit of a narcissist, and I suggest you go for the other option of not caring about awards.
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 BLOGS
- Sigh… I've had moments like this.
- The Spires – full colour preview!
- Smithson: "Routine Surveillance"
- Scott Story has an article about webcomics in Sketch No. 31
- The latest CRYING MACHO MAN: "Heart Attack Man Sez"