- The new schedule for the WCCAs means the nominations will be released this week. I've posted the nominees for Best Comic and Best Newcomer in the post below. It does feel odd to call these the 2007 WCCAs though as they are aimed at recognizing webcomics published in 2006.
- Missed this but Goats creator, Jon Rosenberg wrote a short bit on the end of Bitpass. Rosenberg was not a fan of micropayments, including Bitpass.
- An update on the Scott Kurtz Outreach to Syndicated Cartoonists Project: the Daily Cartoonist reports that Scott Kurtz is talking with Arlo and Janis creator Jimmy Johnson.
- Boing Boing blog had a good post on the latest Doonesbury book, Heckuva Job, Bushie! I've been trying to include more coverage of comic strips in Comixpedia as all of them are online and some of their creators, including Gerry Trudeau, are very web-savvy.
- Blogger and Sci-Fi author Cory Doctorow released his latest book, Overclocked, under a creative commons license (he always does this actually) and Martin Cendreda made a mini-comic of one of the stories called "Printcrime". It's available for download here.
JUSTIFY MY HYPE
- A.D. New Orleans After the Deluge is a new webcomic about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina published at Smith magazine.
- A webcomic adaptation of the novel 1984. So far pretty interesting work.