- First sighting of Diesel Sweeties in the newspaper page.
- United Media is looking for Assistant Editor for Comic. This is the syndicate Ted Rall works for and that signed R Stevens and his webcomic Diesel Sweeties. (link from T Campbell)
- Bring Your Own Awesome is looking for a new artist (doesn't that title sound like something Ryan North should be writing?). The writer is Connor Mooney, a twenty-something student at SUNY Albany (which should give you some sense of what the comic has been about so far).
- Wizard interviews Nick Gurewitch, creator of Perry Bible Fellowship. Gurewitch mentions that the first print collection of PBF is due this September or October.
- Ctrl-Alt-Del reminds you to prepare for the coming of the videogaming holiday Wintereenmas.
JUSTIFY MY HYPE
- I was not previously aware of the romantic effects of the early britpop years. Thank you Scary Go Round!
- Fabricari's artcam returns!
- New webcomic from the Crying Macho Man: Honey Bear.
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 BLOGS
- Websnark is back with the almost obligatory comment on the end of Narbonic and an interesting spin on Home On The Strange. My immediate reaction to Eric's post on HOTS was that he was reading way too much into it to fit it into a neat little framework he had cooked up but still an interesting essay. In the comments, both creators of HOTS show up at the very end and add a few reactions to the post.
- FLEEN looks at the webcomic Russell's Teapot.
- More star-studded comments on the year that was 2006 at The Beat: part 3 (includes Shaenon Garrity and Svetlana Chmakova), part 2 (includes Dean Haspiel and ) and part 1.