- We've got an interview with the creators of the fantasy webcomic, What Birds Know. Check out the interview – then check out the comic!
- Next month's issue focuses on collectives! If you are part of a collective of webcomics creators and are interested in being part of next month's issue drop me an email at xerexes AT comixpedia DOT com.
- Fleen has an interview with Paul Southworth, creator of Ugly Hill.
- Fleen also recently ran an interview with Wiz Rollins – Rollins pens the D.J. Coffman comic, Yirmumah.
- Journalista! catches the news at website ICv2 that Gene Yang won the Michael L. Printz Award for excellence in literature for young adults for his graphic novel, American Born Chinese. The Printz Award is given out by the American Library Association.
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 BLOGS
- A new blog at Time.com, Nerd World, sings the praises of Chris Onstad's Achewood.
- Newsarama takes a look at the webcomics making up the new collective Lunchbox Funnies.
- A write-up in the NYTimes of a movie based on Marjane Satrapi's best-selling and critically praised comic-book memoir, Persepolis. The animated movie, filmed in France (and in French) will be released in America this year. Interestingly, it was animated entirely in France and Satrapi herself directed the film.