- This week’s guest blogger will be Scott Story (Johnny Saturn). A big thanks to last week’s guest blogger August Pollak (Some Guy With a Website). I also want to thank Whitney June Robinson for drawing this month’s cover art for Comixtalk.
- Sequential Tart goes to a weekly format. This week features a review of Jeremy Arambulo’s Let’s Do This; an interview with Scott McCloud’s wife Ivy and two daughters Sky and Winter, as they wind up their 50 state tour in support of Scott’s new book Making Comics.
- The comic Penny Arcade will be available through the videogame maker Valve’s digital distribution system Steam. That’s almost certainly a great new way to get a videogame-related webcomic to an interested audience. Everyone who has downloaded a game through Steam (Half Life 2 anyone?) has a little icon in the windows bar (and probably some equivalent on the Mac) for it.
- The Beat reports that Dean Haspiel and Michel Fiffe of the webcomic collective ACT-I-VATE are bringing their webcomics to print in a black & white, three-issue creature romance double feature, entitled BRAWL, this October.
- Your wikipedian taunt of the month. courtesey of xkcd.
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 BLOGS
- I thought Penny Arcade‘s Ruxpin comics were farce but after seeing this I’m not so sure…
- Comics212 gives a fairly positive review to Questionable Content (although he disliked the basic plot up until Faye and Martin broke off their romantic tension)