- Animation Insider interviews webcomic creator Chris Moujaes (Coz/Effect and Battlegate).
- I'm not sure what this story has to do with comics but it is interesting: book publishers are rethinking the value of audiobooks — in particular this article is about an author who rushed out the audiobook well in advance of the hardback in order to capitalize on an Oprah Winfrey Show appearance.
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 BLOGS
- Eric Millikin has an interesting request: Any good books for a webcomics class?
- Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum, releases a comic they created about and for the Book Expo America convention as a pdf.
- Derik Badman on non-plot-based narrative in comics.
- Neil Cohn writes about the concept of "coercion" in language (with comics used as examples). Coercion seems to be related to the McCloud concept of "closure" (which McCloud discusses in his book Understanding Comics).
- Jon Lee's favorite webcomic is xkcd.