The following working comics industry professionals are eligible to vote in the Eisner Awards:
- Comic book/graphic novel/webcomic creators (writers, artists, cartoonists, pencillers, inkers, letterers, colorists)
- All nominees in any category
- Comic book/graphic novel publishers and editors
- Owners and managers of comic book specialty retail stores
Who is not eligible to vote?
- Comics press or reviewers (unless they are nominees)
- Non-creative publisher staff members (PR, marketing, assistants, etc.)
The deadline for voting is midnight, June 13, 2008, Pacific Standard Time. I wrote to the coordinator, Jackie Estrada, to see if I could get any further guidance on what is an "industry professional".
UPDATE: Jackie Estrada wrote with some guidance on eligibility for webcomic creators:
I try to use the criterion currently used for the eligibility for webcomics in the Best Digital Comic category: the webcomic must be "long-form" (comparable to a comic book or graphic novel story as opposed to a being like a daily comic strip), and it should have its own unique URL or be part of a webcomics site (Webcomics Nation, Activate, Girlamatic, Zuda, etc.).