- Our last article for the January issue is Brigid Alverson’s column featuring interviews with rem, the winner of Kodanshaâ€™s Morning International Manga Competition for his webcomic Kage no Matsuri, and Eijiro Shimada, the editor-in-chief of the manga magazine Morning Two.
- Be kind to our sponsors: The Human Figure drawing course; Scriptorium Fonts; the novel Darkling and the webcomic The Vanguard.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules continues to garner press and sales. Most of the stories on it I’ve read note its webcomic origins which is good for webcomics.
- A reminder that nomination ballots for the 2008 Harvey Awards are now online.
- A blog called WebcomicGeek is holding its second annual "Geekies" awards for best art, best writing, most originality and invention and webcomic of the year 2007. They’ve announced their "shortlist" and are interested in comments on who should win:
- Aaron Diaz for Hob
- Meredith Gran for Octopus Pie
- Rebecca Sugar for Pug Davis
- Jenny Romanchuk for The Zombie Hunters
- D.J. Coffman for Hero By Night
- Evan Dahm for Rice Boy
- Nicholas Gurewitch for The Perry Bible Fellowship
- Tom Siddel for Gunnerkrig Court
- David A J Berner and Harsho Mohan Chattoraj for Shades
- Joe Infurnari for The Process
- Klio for SPQR Blues
AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 BLOGS
- Lee Atchinson continues his series on webcomics at Sequential Tart. This time he focuses on the creators of Penny Arcade and their videogames for kids charity project: Child’s Play.