We're finally digging out of the snow here in Washington DC — apparently the volume of frosted flakes falling felled a record. Anyhow – wanted to let everyone know that new user registrations are back online at Comix Talk. You don't need to register with Comix Talk to comment on anything BUT registering gives you the ability to have a user blog and post to Comix Talk news and hype if you so desire. New registrations are not automatically approved, however, so it may take up to a day for me to check them.
All Ages: El Santo had an interesting overview of what makes comics good for kids. A good source for what's new with all ages comics is the Good Comics for Kids blog. I've certainly had more interest in these comics again as my kids have gotten into comics.
No Good Deed Goes Unpublished: Coyote Trax has an article about webcomic creators involvement in charity and other good deeds. El Santo had a recent post about the comic Snowflakes participation in Heart Health Month.
- An interview with Julia Wertz, creator of the webcomic Fart Party and the editor of the I Saw You anthology. Wertz constantly makes a point of saying I'm not a webcomic person (she said something similar at the SPX panel she was on last year) and I've never quite figured out what's going on that motivates her to feel the need to throw down that marker.
- An interview with Faith Erin Hicks, who is still working on her next graphic novel, Friends with Boys.
- Comic Alliance has an interview with Anthony Clark of the comic Nedroid. Clark is also the current colorist for the Dr. McNinja comic.
- An interview with Kazu Kibuishi on his book Copper and work on the next installment in his graphic novel series, Amulet.
- UPDATE: An interview with Raina Telgemeier on her new graphic novel Smile. (h/t Journalista!)