So Eric Burns has a handy post up detailing some thoughts on the New Fall Season at Modern Tales which marks new editor Shaenon K. Garrity's debut line-up. Here's the list of the new comics Eric hits on in his post:
- Anywhere but Here, by Jason Siebels.
- Brain Fist, by Daniel Merlin Goodbrey.
- Genre City: Plan B, by Benjamin Birdie.
- Irregular Webcomic, by David Morgan-Mar.
- Kings of Pop, by Benjamin Birdie.
- Popcorn Picnic, by Chris Shadoian.
- Spork, by Sylvan Migdal.
- Where Am I Now?, by Jon Bakos and Ross Smith.
- Wondermark, by David Malki.
So a couple of questions to discuss: what about the new line-up? does it change the "brand" of Moderntales.com? And what does it mean to creators and/or readers to be part of a site like this? As we head into the latter part of 2006 just exactly what are the benefits of such an umbrella site?
UPDATE: Related collective-type news; the Warren Ellis-led Rocket Pirates now looks to debut in September.
Comments are closed.